While there is a lot of value in mastering the advanced functions in excel, you need to understand how to apply them. This financial modeling course takes all the advanced functions and combine multiple formulas into one, to do functions, models and apply principles that any financial person should know to let them stand out.
Examples would be how to do improve reporting, cash flows, reconciliations etc.
The first two days is the same as our advanced excel course. We would advise to the first two days and last two days over two months to give you time to practice the formulas. The application of these formulas in real scenarios are not easy.
This is the most advanced content you will be able to get. The following main topics will be covered:
Advanced excel topics
- Formula basics (Basics, absolute referencing)
- Logical formulas (LOGICAL TESTS, AND, OR, IF, IFERROR, ISERROR)
- Lookup formulas (VLOOKUP, INDEX, MATCH, ADDRESS, SUBTOTAL, AUTOFILTERS)
- Text formulas (MID, LEFT, RIGHT, PROPER, UPPER, LOWER, SEARCH, REPLACE, TEXT, VALUE, TRIM, SUBSTITUTE)
- Reporting formulas (Pivottables, Pivotcharts, Pivot Slicers, SUMIFS, INDIRECT, Macros)
- Formatting functions (Conditional formatting, Paste Special for formulas)
- Other (COUNTIF, COUNTA, HYPERLINKS, CELL NAME DEFINING, BREAKING LINKS)
- Dates (Date principles, Calculation of time, NETWORKINGDAYS, TODAY, NOW, YEAR, MONTH, DAY, DATE).
Financial Modeling topics
- Automatic numbering
- How to make cells unique
- Automatically reconcile one list
- Automatically reconcile two lists
- Changing a column format (budgeting months next to each other) into a row format which pivots can use
- Consolidation of multiple excel files into one without using links
- The reporting principle to ensure accuracy and save up to 80% time in preparation
- Create reports which pulls from actuals, budgets and prior year even if formats are different
- Compiling an age analysis in 5 minutes
- Creating amortization tables where you can change interest rates, add payments and change number of months automatically
- Preparing cash flows that always balances
- Get more than one result with VLOOKUP's
DURATION OF THIS FINANCIAL MODELING COURSE
This course is normally 20 hours in total. These 20 hours can be delivered in different ways:
- Four full days consecutively
- Four days split (This can be split over different weeks or different months)
- 8 Sessions of 2.5 hours each. (This can be split over different weeks or different months)
The cost for this course is R40,000. This excludes traveling and accomodation.Maximum 10 delegates. This is only R4,000 per delegate if 10 delegates attend.
You can also do the course online for $50. Our elearning platform is one of the best in the world and includes videos, simulations, assessments, examples and examinitions. You can print your own certificate on completion of the examination.. Contact us for a free demo.
This course qualifies for 20 variable hours for Chartered Accountants. You will also get a certificate of competence once you pass the exam after the course. This exam is based on our elearning site.
WHAT DO YOU GET INCLUSIVE OF THIS PRICE
You get the following when attending the course
- Elearning access (videos, assessments, exam, simulations, more examples)
- Webinar access (weekly webinars on excel content)
- Support during working days